The Dead Man's Cake blogs - index

Hi.  My name is David Barrows, an American musician and computer geek, living in London.

When I was six years old, my mother committed suicide.  Many years later I made a music CD where I try to come to terms with this tragic event, and the issue of suicide in general, which I entitled Dead Man's Cake.  I also later blogged about it on this blog site, in a series of posts I call the "Dead Man's Cake blogs."

This page is an index to the entire series:



Incidentally I was moved today to create this page and recap my blog series by a BBC documentary that came out from UK musician and rapper Professor Green in late 2015, about his own father's suicide.  Here is a piece in the Guardian about it.  I wish to commend Professor Green and thank him his courage for doing this work.  The stigma around mental illness and the topic of suicide needs to be challenged, and people talking about it is the first step.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Species That Knew Too Much - part 1

Fake Countries, Abstract Nations and Putin's acting with "Imputiny"